Sunday, March 27, 2011

Break ups and BlackBerrys.

The BlackBerry
So my Sweet Sixteen was Wednesday! It was a great day! I woke up in the morning and made myself some oatmeal -my favorite food- and then mom told me to get dressed so that she could take pictures of me opening my gift. I was not impressed. I did not look even half-way decent in any of the pictures, so they will not be posted on this blog. If would like to see them, you can read my mothers. Anyway, when I opened my gift, my life was changed drastically. It wasn't the gift that I asked for...it was better! I got a cell phone! A BlackBerry Curve, to be specific. I love it! It has very quickly become an essential part of my everyday being. Because you know me and my family, I'm sure that you were absolutely shocked by the fact that a Baughman kid owns a cell phone. You may not even believe it! I know I didn't. Since I got my cell phone (i just love saying that!) on Wednesday, I have been able to surprise my parents with the amount of text messages I have been able to send. Day 1: 1,200 text messages. From the time I figured out how to even send a text (which took quite a while), to the time I went to bed, I had 1,200 text messages. Let's just say that my parent's are very glad that they went with unlimited texting on my plan... ;)
That evening, Daddy took Lauren, Makenna, and I out to dinner. We got ourselves all dressed up, and went to a nice little restaurant called La Bocca. We all have some very tasty pasta! It was a lovely evening, and we all had a fabulous time!

The Break Up
I'm going to start off by saying that this break up has nothing to do with me. I am not in any kind of relationship right now. This is about my best friend and her boyfriend ex-boyfriend of 20 months.
Last night was another party night for me. Well, every day this weekend has been, but last night's party was at Lydia's house. We were all having a good time and hanging out. It was the usual party group, and we were all just chillin. Long story short, Tyler got upset that other boys were there, and their relationship ended with that. You would think that after being with someone for 20 months, you would start to trust them, but I guess that's not Tyler. Thankfully Lydia has some very supportive friends. It's going to us that gets her through the hard months ahead. Right now, the only goal is whatever Lydia wants. If that's a distraction, then she's getting a distraction. If that's a shoulder to cry on, she's got 10 available. All that we want is be there for her. I'm pretty sure I cried as much as she did last night. Not because they broke up, but because she was heartbroken. It's a terrible feeling to know that no matter what, you aren't able to make everything better for your best friend. I wanted to take all of that pain away, so that she didn't have to hurt. Unfortunately, that isn't possible. Seeing your best friend go through something like that is truly a horrible thing. I don't want to see it again, but I guess heartbreak is just part of life. It happens to everyone, and your job is to be there for your friends when it happens to them. I am doing my best to help Lydia through this hard time, and so are all of her other friends. This came as a surprise to everyone, but we have to keep our cool for her. She deserves that from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment